Jun 20, 2012

Hugh Jackman is set to host NY's first instalment of Tropfest


Hugh Jackman is preparing to host the first part of last week in New York Tropfest, billed as the world's largest short film festival.
Tropfest, the idea of ​​director John Polson, started 20 years ago in Australia and attracts more than 150,000 people each year, it expanded to India, China, Paris and Las Vegas.

Hugh was one of his favorite things about the festival is its accessibility, as well as the revenue produced by the cell phone.

"These films have not been evaluated for technical merit, because this is a way of making films is very elitist», - he added.

"It's not so much about it or the quality of the lens, but the strength of the idea and concept development for the earlier people who can not be excluded, or money, but they have talent, and they can show it."

All films must be less than seven minutes, but they resulted in a number of impressive success stories: The idea came from foreign currency series Wilfred starring Elijah Wood Tropfest. Actor Sam Worthington is competing in the 2000 Festival and won best actor.

Hugh of Tropfest is perfect for those who want to break in show business.

"When I formei school theater, I knew the statistics that 98 percent are unemployed. I swore to myself that every day, I had nothing to do with my career, I would not sit there and I get to actively participate in: Here's a way of that anyone can contribute, no lamentation, but I am a director, which is so hard, I can not get the dealer, he said."

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More