Jan 12, 2013

We had some amazing stunt people- Alicia Vikander

Alicia Vikander has revealed the moment she met Jeff Bridges on the set of their new film was like meeting The Dude from the Big Lebowski.


The Swedish beauty - who had her big breakout role as Kitty in Anna Karenina last year - stars alongside Jeff and Julianne Moore in upcoming fantasy adventure film The Seventh Son.
Alicia revealed of Jeff: "I think everyone has in their imagination of how he is in real life, and he is actually a lot like The Dude."

"The first time I met him he just stepped out, gave me a hug and said 'Hi', and that was about it. He's an easy guy to connect with."

She added: "Those two [Jeff and Julianne] are actors that I've looked up to for many years, and to see them working together again since The Big Lebowski was amazing, and they're the most humble and intelligent actors.

"It's a very different film from what I've done before. It's an action adventure film, so there was a lot of preparation for that. I play a half witch, half human. I had to learn how to do fights, with not even one but two swords.

We had some amazing stunt people, many of them had worked on Cirque du Soleil and done big films before, so they taught me a lot. But it was intense. I got a lot of bruises."

Alicia
is a contender for this year's EE Bafta Rising Star Award, which the public can vote for at ee.co.uk/bafta.

She said: "I think in my country and Scandanavia it's been quite big, but in terms of social media, I've always tried to keep myself away from those sites, but then I realise now, it would be quite a good thing to have one!"

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More